Water can cause a great deal of damage. An inch or two can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage. Flood insurance is usually excluded from homeowner’s policies and must be purchased separately. Naples, FL is a mere 91cm above sea level and is situated close to the Everglades, which may experience flooding in the wet season. It makes sense to protect your home and assets with flood insurance. AA Top Insurance LLC would like you to know the following when it comes to flood insurance.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) manages the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), of which Collier County is a participant.
- Flood insurance from NFIP is considered an asset.
- NFIP costs less than federal disaster loans
- Flood insurance is mandatory if you live in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA).
- After you purchase flood insurance, there is a 30-day waiting period before it takes effect. There are two exceptions to this. The first is purchasing insurance when you are taking out or revising a loan. The second exception is when you purchase insurance during the year following the issuance of the community’s flood map.
- Flood insurance is usually an annual premium.
- Your premium is affected by your flood risk and several other factors related to your structure, like age and positioning of your utilities.
- Flood insurance is available for most structures, including homes, condos, businesses, and farms.
- Flood insurance can cover both structural and contents damage, depending on your policy.
- Flood insurance may payout even if a federal disaster is not declared.
In summary, flood insurance is incredibly important, and you should always consider it a necessity. AA Top Insurance LLC serving the city of Naples, FL is available to assist you, so contact them today for peace of mind.